W05: Market Research (Summer 2012)
About your project, find out:
• Does anyone want it?
• Who will buy it? (Demographics)
• How many will you sell?
• How much will each person pay?
• Where will they buy it?
Some ideas to help you find these things include conducting:
• Customer surveys – on the web/phone/in person
• Focus groups with self-selected customers who are likely to buy your product
• Gathering market information from studies, internet, experts
See the lecture for more details and suggestions