The Capstone Design Expo provides an incredible opportunity to showcase your project to prospective employers, investors, and the public. Here are some quick tips to get you set up for a great first impression! The following information is for the Summer 2020 semester.
- Register for the Expo: http://mesites.gatech.edu/capston/expo_register
- Deadline: 11:59pm of 6th July, 2020
- The quick help guide for expo registration is here
- Send any technical questions about the website to webmaster[at]sites.gatech.edu/capston
- Review the Expo judging rubric
- Review the common FAQ below:
What is the dress code?Wear whatever you need to be successful. Most teams will be in business attire, but few also wear custom/themed attires including custom t-shirts. Your team will be judged by industry experts, alumni, faculty, and sponsors. Dress to impress!
How should we join the expo?
Bookmark this link: https://www.capstone.gatech.edu/expo_live and it will update to the virtual lobby on the day of the expo at 3:30pm.
Please make sure you are using a computer or laptop (not a tablet or phone) with Google Chrome pre-installed.
You will need a camera and microphone (or webcam with an inbuilt camera) attached to your computer
- Enter your name with your team table prefix. For example, “L06-John Doe”, where L is the table number. Check your assigned table numbers here.
- What is the schedule for the event?
- 3:30-4:00pm: Online setup and check AV in the virtual “lobby” area
- 4-4:15pm: Welcome to judges
- 4:15-5:45pm: Judging begins
- 5:45-6:00pm: Awards Ceremony
- How should we present to judges/guests?
- At the start of every quarter of the hour, your team will present a 3-5 minute overview of your project to anyone who has joined your teams virtual “booth”
- You may place your team’s unique page link in the group chat and ask judges to view the poster and video if they would like to check it out
- You will then ask judges and visitors to ask questions by speaking or by typing on chat for a maximum of 10 minutes
- Repeat the above steps at 4:30pm, 4:45pm, 5:00pm, 5:15pm and 5:30pm.
- What information is shared with attendees and judges?
- What awards are given away at the expo?
- First Place Award – $1000 for the team
- Second Place Award – $500 for the team
- People’s Choice Recognition – Team with highest votes from all attendees will be recognized.
- What do we do if we won the expo?
- Make sure that each member of the team fills out this online form
- Have more questions about logistics?
- Send them to expo[at]sites.gatech.edu/capston