What projects are best suited for Capstone Design Course?
- Open-ended design challenges where students can apply the engineering design process are best suited for the class.
- The projects should be focused on new design or innovation, which require substantial engineering analysis and lends itself to building a prototype
How long do students work on the project?
- Most schools within the College of Engineering have their student team work on the project for one semester.
- Each team typically spends around 500 man hours of effort on the project.
- Two semester long projects can be accommodated
How do sponsors interact with the student design team?
- The student team typically discusses the project with the sponsor on a weekly basis through online conferencing or on-site visits if the company is local.